A quick rundown of the 2017 Grammys Biggest Winners!
Highlight of the Night was British Pop Singer Adele, who won 5 Grammys including the top three awards for Album, Record and Song of the Year.
Beyonce, who was also nominated in similar categories, won two grammies herself.
More than 13,000 music professionals in the Recording Academy voted to determine winners of the 59th Grammy awards, held on February 12th, 2017, in Los Angeles, California.
Here is a quick list of winners in key categories:
- Album of the year: Adele, “25”
- Record of the year (for best overall song): Adele, “Hello”
- Song of the year (for songwriting): Adele and Greg Kurstin, “Hello”
- Best Pop Vocal Album: Adele, “25”
- Best Pop Solo Performance: Adele, “Hello”
- Best New Artist: Chance the Rapper
- Best Rap Album: Chance the Rapper, “Coloring Book”
- Best Rap Performance: Chance the Rapper featuring Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz, “No Problem”
- Best Rap Song: Drake, “Hotline Bling”
- Best Rap Song: Best Rock Album: Cage the Elephant, “Tell Me I’m Pretty”
- Best Rock Song: David Bowie, “Blackstar”
- Best Rock Performance: David Bowie, “Blackstar”
- Best Alternative Rock Album: David Bowie, “Blackstar”
- Best Urban Contemporary Album: Beyonce, “Lemonade”
- Best Music Video: Beyonce, “Formation”
- Best Country Album: Sturgill Simpson, “A Sailor’s Guide to Earth”
The event was also marked by remarkable performances by various artistes including John Legend, The Weeknd, and an amazing Prince tribute by Bruno Mars, who wasn’t nominated for his latest album “24K Magic” due to a release timing technicality. The Pop/R&B/HipHop artiste (pictured above), released his album on November 18th, 2016, which fell well outside the nomination window of October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016.